Singapore Math Olympiad: A Comprehensive Guide For Young Students
The Singapore Math Olympiad is an annual contest that tests students on their mathematical knowledge. As one of the most challenging math contests globally, it has been ranked as a “Class A” competition under the International Mathematical Olympiads (IMO) and is considered to be highly prestigious worldwide.
Many parents enroll their children in Singapore Math Olympiad preparation courses. If you are one of them, then you need to learn some important things about the contest and its prerequisites:
- The exam format consists of two questions from a pool of six choices (QMM/PCM).
- Participants will be awarded Gold medals only if they can answer all questions correctly.
- A maximum of three chances is given for participants to solve the problems, but only one attempt per question will be graded.
- Participants must work individually without any assistance from anyone else during the contest.
- The exam takes place over two hours, and there is no break time in between.
- The exam is held once a year in Singapore only, usually during May or June.
The Singaporean government conducts this competition to encourage students’ interest in math, and for this reason, it is limited to high school students who are below 19 years old.
- Top 3 Tips to Choose the Best Online Physics Tuition November 13, 2021
- Singapore Math Olympiad: A Comprehensive Guide For Young Students October 22, 2021
- Benefits of Learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu October 16, 2021
- What is an MBA and Why it is Important? July 12, 2021
- Tips to Help your Child Become a Fluent English Speaker July 10, 2021
- Go for best Accredited Universities for doing courses July 3, 2021
- H2 chemistry tuition and how to choose the right-center June 30, 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019